Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My technical tv is showing no signal in my new flat

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue. - Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model no LCD 22-212S. No video devices connected.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so how does TV get channel signals?Is there any antenna plugged into TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. There's an antenna plugged in.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. Have you tried to run Auto Tuning in channel menu of TV so it can scan available channels in area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have. No signal.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, are you sure that antenna is fine and its pin is plugged securely in RF IN pin at rear of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you please plug the antenna pin into another TV to verify it is working with that TV, if possible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any other tv. It doesn't work with antenna built into the flat. I've bought a new indoor antenna. No signal still.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, was TV working fine in old place for local channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd but it seems TV builtin tuner isn't working for some reason that is why no channel register during auto tuning process and TV displays No Signal. TV tuner is mounted on main board of TV that will need to be replaced, please click following link to view main board image and price info if you wish to replace it yourself in TV..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAIN-AV-BOARD-CV328L-U-TECHNIKA-LCD-22-212S-/261958283375If you don't want to do repair work then alternate option is to get set-top box, hoot it to TV and plug the antenna into box to use its builtin tuner to get local channels.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please click following link to view set-top box price info..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Set-top-Boxes-Sound-Vision/b?ie=UTF8&node=560880I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll buy a new set top box.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, it will save the time and hassle to do repair work on TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.