Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a panasoic TX L37E3B,It flashs green comes on the then

I have a panasoic TX L37E3B,It flashs green comes on the then screen goes dark then off,with one red flash can you help graham
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello Graham, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue. - How long the TV stays On and display picture?- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The tv on just on a few seconds it about 4 years

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does TV display picture or any thing while it stays On?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Also, when you say - "Changed the power unit with s/h one", is it the power supply board inside TV where AC power cord plugs in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes tv comes on and it all looks great,then the back light start to go patchy and off it goes

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, did you get my previous message? If not yet, here it is again..Also, when you say - "Changed the power unit with s/h one", is it the power supply board inside TV where AC power cord plugs in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the power unit is fitted to set

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.One time flashing red power light indicates backlight system failure in TV and there are two circuit boards that can cause this issue, either LED Driver board (LD-Board, a rectangular board located at center of rear of panel) or A Board that has all video inputs, I would swap LED Driver board as first thing to resolve the issue. Please check following link to view image for board location in TV which will help..I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you just been to test s/h power unit but not happy with it,more life in the old one ,so i will now look for led unit and let you know graham

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please take your time Graham and reply back with the result.Thanks.