Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My 55 inch Samsung tv keeps switching off second

Hello , my 55 inch Samsung tv keeps switching off for 2 second every 10 minutes. It comes straight back on. On its own. I have checked all the normal stuff like timers and sleep and no signal off
I would just like to know if it is going to need a technician called out
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket)
Then hold the power button on the TV itself for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it now operates correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no actual power button on this model only some very small etchings on bottom right of glass that edges tv surround
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, most models have one, can you give me the model of the TV please Adam? as its not listed in your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ue55c8000
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** just unplug it, no need to hold any buttons for this model
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switching off for 10 mins hasn't worked
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal power board that has faulted. Its a bulging capacitor that has not yet blown but keeps shorting out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.