Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Can you help me use my cd facility Toshiba satellite

can you help me use my cd facility for my Toshiba satellite lap top
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I can help you with this. Can you please tell me exactly what you wish to do with the CD drive on your Laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cannot use cd at present. not good with IT. Want to connect up to wi fi printer and burn music cds . Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem, most of my customers aren't.
Can you tell me the make and model of the printer? How far you have gotten with setting it up?
And what issue you encounter when trying to burn CD's?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
. Cant even open cd drawer at present. Copier is Cannon PIXMA
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you press the eject button on the disk drive, what exactly happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cannot see an eject button on Toshiba satellite C50D B 120
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
For this model, your Laptop does not have a disk drive, so this is why you have been unable to use it.
You would need to purchase an external one to plug into the USB port.
You can get one here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SE-208DB-TSBS-Portable-External/dp/B008X0TX0W
For the printer, how far have you gotten with installing it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks Richard , that answers that. have ordered one on next day del. thank you roy
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you most welcome Roy
Is there anything else you require?
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.