Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Fujifilm fine pix camera when turned on there is a worning

fujifilm fine pix camera when turned on there is a worning massege on the screen. turn camera off then on again
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery from the camera and with the battery out, hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Then put the battery back in, turn on the camera and tell me please id it now operates.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the same message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you get to the menu at all? Or the message stops you from getting to it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes igh speed set up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I only see as your message
"yes igh speed set up"
I do not understand sorry what you are saying, maybe you mistyped.
Can you repeat the message please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes sorry,when pressing menu button I am getting, shooting menu and self timer on screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
In the menu, go to reset to reset the phone back to factory defaults, then tell me please if it now takes photos.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is going back to `turn camera off then on again`, can not take a photo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the imaging chip that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** like repaired please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome
You need to return it to the place of repair and they will then have it sent off for this to be replaced for you as it will be done under the warranty of the camera.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has never been repaired who do Isend it to?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to go to the place you purchased it from, they then handle the repair for you as they front the warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was purchased from tesco`s and it not under warranty
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if it is not under warranty, the cost of repair is going to exceed the value of a replacement camera, especially as you receive a limited warranty with the repair. I would advise against this, but if you really do with to do the repair, tell me your location and I can see which camera repair store is in your area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** live Dover Kent post code is CT16 3NT
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the best rated in your area is
Canterbury Camera Centre
Unit 4 St George's Pl, Canterbury CT1 1UL
And should be able to handle this repair for you.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.