Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just returned from the USA and taken over 100 videos

I have just returned from the USA and taken over 100 videos using my Samsung HMX-H200BP/XEU camera. I also used my iphone 6plus to take a few films.
The iphone videos are fine and in sync but the Samsung ones go fuzzy when the shot moves and the sound is out of sync, when the shot is stationary the picture is clear. I use VLC media player. Can you help me find a solution as this was a one off holiday to Yellowstone ect. Thank You
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you play the videos on a different computer, do you have the same problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard - I only have the one pc that my external drive is attached to its this drive I downloaded the videos to.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you copy one video to the actual computer, not from the drive, and run it from there, how does it play?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me try that. Ill be right back

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does the same thing Richard, the video when the subject moves or the camera pans becomes pixelated around the edges of the moving subject

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Win 10

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press the windows key + X and click command prompt (admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then tell me how the videos please please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok will do

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All done, it found a few corrupt files and repaired them. I ran the video from the copy on the hard drive but no change

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we need to see if its the files themselves Chris and for this we need to try it on a different computer.
When would you be able to take the hard drive to another computer to test this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes. Im off to work now, im on night shift here in the UK so will get back to you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard I downloaded two files to a stick and my wife played them on her pc a work. There was no problem the movie was clear.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris
Can you download a Codec pack on your computer to rule this out as the issue.
Download it from my link below
www.wikisend.com
Use File ID 955332
Download and run the file, then restart the computer and tell me if it plays correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He Richard I found a program called Filmora which runs my videos with no problem whatsoever. thanks for your time but all is good now

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, very strange though that it runs on your wifes computer but not on yours in the same program. There is an issue on the computer, it just appears Filmora can overcome it.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.