Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a 6 year old Sony LCD TV Model KDL 40W4500 AND U Its

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old Sony LCD TV Model KDL 40W4500 AND U Its five year warranty has now expired.
When switching on this morning all went well but five minutes later the screen went dark and there was no sound. It has stayed like that despite switching offa t the main, pausing and then switching on.
The TV remains dark but it will cycle through phases of red light blinking and then to the stand-mode. On three occasions there has been clear "phut" sound.
So there we have it: unstable stand-by more, soundless with a dark screen.
The Syy box has cured and appear to be normal
Grateful for your advice
Robin Cairncross
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the TV (unplug it from the power socket) and then hold on the TV itself the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Once done, wait 10 minutes, then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if it now functions correctly please.