Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a samsung S6 want to transfer data from micro sim on

I have a samsung S6 want to transfer data from micro sim on my S3 to new blank nano sim for my S6
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which data do you wish to transfer? As the Sim generally does not store any information unless you changed the storage location.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All my contact numbers is there anything I can transfer?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is on the same phone correct? Your just changing Sim cards?
Or your changing phones as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have at present a S3 but have just bought S6 so need to transfer data from S3 micro sim to the new blank S6 nano sim

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the S3, download an app called Super Backup from the Play Store.
Then backup your contacts to the SD card (not the SIM)
Then put the SD card into your S6, and download the Super Backup App on the S6, and restore your contacts from the SD card.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Whats the SD card where is it found on the S3 and also the S6

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you put an SD card in the S3 ever?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I print this off as I won't be doing it until later also give me a contact where I can let you know how it went

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you can press CTRL + P and print this page.
You can return here, as I have marked this question to never close, so just return here and let me know the results. There is no time limit on this.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks back in touch later today. Bye for now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

Just tried to do the phone but the SD card is internal in the Samsung S6 not like my S3 so what I have done is put the nano sim card into the S3 and copied over my contacts - easy when you know lol. So sorry but your advice was no help to me, but you were not to know.