Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic DMC -TZ7 lens flap will not open fully -it remains

My Panasonic DMC -TZ7 lens flap will not open fully -it remains partly open even when the lens housing is fully retracted: I have not knowingly damaged the camera in any way and the battery is adequately charged Your help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery from the camera and wait 10 minutes for all residue power to drain.
Then put the battery back in, turn the camera upside down and rest it on something that vibrates (eg: Electric Razor)
Then turn it on as the vibrations can free up any jams causing the lens to fail to open.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your reply: as it happens my previous enquiry to 'Alexandra' proved so frustrating that after some 15 minutes I thanked her and aborted my enquiry! Notwithstanding this I have already had my 'upfront' payment of £27 debited from my bank account for an enquiry which she appeared incapable of answering. I trust that,in the circumstances, this payment already made will be acceptable as payment for your subsequent most helplful advice should this problem recur. As it happens I had in the meantime, in desperation and by luck remedied the problem myself by gently touching the lens cover flaps, which is obviously inadvisable! ***@******.***

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, there is no Alexandra here Peter, so I am not sure what you mean with this.
But, great the camera is back up and working
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.