Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

CAN THE REMOTE CONTROL FERGUSON 24" HD READY DIGITAL

CAN THE REMOTE CONTROL FOR A FERGUSON 24" HD READY DIGITAL LCD TV ANDDVD MODEL F2408LVD3 BE RESET BATTERIES OK BUT DOES NOT TURN ON TV FROM STANDBY
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,The remote control cannot be reset;however if the batteries are good, and other buttons on the remote control are working (e.g. volume) then the Power/Standby button may be worn out or the contacts under it may need cleaned - try disassembling the remote and cleaning the electronic contacts under the power button by rubbing with alcohol.Let me know if that works..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HAVE TRIED VOLUME BUTTON AND A GREY BOX APPEARS WITH NOT AVAILABLE IN IT THIS ALSO HAPPENS WHEN YOU PRESS POWER BUTTON ON TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SORRY PETE WAS REPLYING TO MY QUESTIONS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pete tried vol button no good grey box appears with not available in it same goes for power button when pressed
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Ok, what is the model number on the remote that you are using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have ordered replacement as the remote is a sealed unit cannot gain access
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Ok, you can either replace the remote, or you could check for some hidden screws and clips on your existing remote to see if can be opened somehow.
Best,
Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I notice you haven't rated my service yet..
Do you need any further assistance?
Pete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Managed to open remote with some leverage around the outside cleaned inside put it back together still did not power up but the grey box disappeared volume button not working unfortunately there is no I D no on remote to tell you also once I rate you do I have to pay again for more advice from you regards Paul
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul,
No, you only pay once, and you can ask as many followup questions as you need.
Did you clean thoroughly under the affected buttons?
If that didn't work, then the remote may be faulty.