Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I bought an Aurora AS800CD paper shredder a short time ago

I bought an Aurora AS800CD paper shredder a short time ago and it has stopped working. It hasn't been used much but now works in reverse but works forwards only for about one second. I have checked for a paper blockage.
Please can you help?
Thank you in anticipation,
Susanna Yeomans
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is an issue with the sensor, or a jam somewhere (I saw you cleared all jams) but can you follow this video please and ensure you have.
<http://www.auroracorp.com/videos/troubleshooting/How_to_Clear_Paper_Jam.htm
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** can't see the video.Susanna
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what happens when you try to view the video? As it is working so an issue on your computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not see what to click on to watch it. I can not see how to start the video. I am sorry if this is stupid !Susanna
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,I am sure there is not a paper jam. What could be the issue with the sensor please?Susanna
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then the sensor has faulted, if your 100% sure nothing is blocking it at all.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the shredder to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,Thank you for your help. I bought it from Amazon so I doubt whether I will get a replacement, but at least I know that there is nothing I can do to make it work.Susanna