Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have broken the screen on my xperia z tablet and my other

I have broken the screen on my xperia z tablet and my other half decided to try and repair it.... he has bought me a new one and I would like to transfer files from the old to the new one. Can this be done
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you tell me what types of files you wish to transfer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Office suite pro and document files that have been created with it. The tablet doesnt have a usb port.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the application you will need to install again from the Play store, applications you cannot copy over.
For the files, can you still actually use the Tablet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tha tablet works I think but there is no screen
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you cannot operate the Tablet you will not be able to get the files off it sorry.
To get the files we would need to install an App on the Tablet, but as you cannot use it this is not possible.
I advise on your new tablet you install the app Dropbox and use this to store your files online, so that you would never have this issue.
But with this Tablet, without being able to use the screen, it is not possible sorry as there is no way to control it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thankfully I had drop box for my photos, thank you for your help, though it wasa bit of a longshot.