Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

The return button has stopped working after 9 years of use

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hilary,What is the Make/model of the item for which the Return button has stopped working?Best Regards,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony DVD recorder Rdr-hxd560 return button stopped working and also the mute button on the Sony tv Kdl-32s2030 hope you can help Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please let me know are you trying to find me answers to both my questions?I have never given my bank details on line before so although I had an email saying that the £20 has been taken, I am worried. Please respond as my questions were sent at 9 45 then 10 am this morning.
Hi Hilary,I assume it's the buttons on the remote control you're having trouble with. It may be that there is dirt / grime / sometimes greasy layer on the silicon keypad, so if vou're handy with electrical items or know someone that is, I'd suggest carefully dismantling the remote and giving the silicon keypad / contacts on the circuit board a clean with a dry lint free rag. Alternatively replacement remotes can be purchased on ebay for the Recorder and TV.Hope that helps,Richard
Hi Hilary,Has this helped? If so, a positive rating would be much appreciated.Best Regards,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your advice to dismantle and clean, which I did myself, after watching demo on you tube, has worked on the. Return button but not on the mute. Button. Thank you.