Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Kodak hero 9.1 all in one printer. It has developed

I have a Kodak hero 9.1 all in one printer. It has developed a fault. Whenever I print it leaves a wide black ink band on the right side of the paper about half an inch wide. I have carried out all the normal tests such as head cleaning, calibration, taken out the printer head and cleaned etc. Is it possible to obtain a new printer head I thought that if I try this first it may work. I remember there used to be a system where, for a small payment, one could swap one's printer for a reconditioned one. Do you st5ill do this. I really like this printer and have always had this type, hope you can help.I tried to ring you on 0870(###) ###-####but could not get through. My reference number is ***** Many thanks for your help. My telephone number is *****(###) ###-####
Best Regards,
Ray Mitchell
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will need to get a replacement print head as this is the most common fault. They are becoming hard to get, but you can get an official one here on my link below
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Print-Head-10-for-Kodak-ESP-5100-5300-5500-5250-7250-Hero-6-1-7-1-9-1-/262021033141
You can then set this in the printer to continue using it.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do I do if a new print head does not work, could I get a refund?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
In my experience what you explain is nearly always the print head, but they would not give a refund, if you want 100% certainty, the only option would be to purchase a new printer, as you can only confirm the print head by using a new one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Richard for your kind help. Lastly, is this printer now discontinued or will I always be able to get spares for it?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You can get spares for it, from sources such as Ebay (like the link I gave)
They can be hard to come by but if you search at the right time when a supplier is selling the part, you will locate them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again Richard, I will get a new printer head and rate your assistance,Best Wishes,Ray