*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Pansonic tv tx-21gv1 displaying "emergency" message. Nothing

pansonic tv tx-21gv1 displaying "emergency" message. Nothing in the manual about this - do you know what it means?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.Is the message from the EAS Emergency Alert System?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No -I'm in the UK. IT's an old CRS set, and is just showing the word "Emergency" in red low down on the screen. As a precaution, in case it is a critical fault in the set, I have switched off and disconnected from the mains supply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That should be "CRT"
okay, thank you.This sounds like a broadcast error from your tv program provider. Which provider do you use?You can check this by powering on the tv and then disconnect the video source cable and if the message is gone you can power reset your tv video source box by disconnecting the power for 5 minutes, then plug everything back in and it should take care of the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy - I use Freeview. The situation seems to have resolved itself overnight, in that the tv is completely non functional when reconnected.Given the age of the equipment, I'm assuming it was some kind of manufacturer's warning and replace it.
Okay, I am sorry to hear that.Thank you for letting me know. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Thank you very much!