Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 55" Panasonic tv that I use with a Panasonic sound

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 55" Panasonic tv that I use with a Panasonic sound bar,
over the last few days if we operate a light switch or a switch on a extension lead the sound from tv/sound bar appears to mute momentarily this has also happened for no apparent reason when no device is switched on /off,
I would appreciate your assistance with this annoying problem.
regards, ***** ***** mr
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue. - Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, tv is Panasonic TX-L55WT50B, sky hd connected, does the same thing when sky on,also dvr connected but vision only and no sound, DVD player is connected but rarely used
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, can you please playback DVD disc as a test for sound issue to see if problem still occurs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes problem exists also when using DVD
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV, sound bar and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, problem still there after unplug and reset
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, is it possible to turn Off sound bar only and get the sound from TV speakers as a test?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This will help to figure out is the problem with in TV or sound bar is causing the sound mute momentarily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem not there when on tv speakers, did it again when connected soundbar back on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so sound didn't mute while getting through TV speakers and start again when connected sound bar, is this correct?If so that means sound bar is causing it and we need to connect the sound bar to any other sound source such as DVD player ect to see if sound bar acts the same?Also, what type of connecting wire used to hook sound bar to TV for sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, However problem was there when DVD on,
using hdmi cable to connect to subwoofer at the moment and was intending to try an optical toslink cable but don't have one as yet
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, you get normal sound from TV speakers after disconnecting sound bar which is positive sign that TV has no issue and problem is within sound bar circuitry.Please either try another HDMI cable or optical toslink cable to check the sound bar with TV and another/ different sound source to make sure we have diagnosed it correctly. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I need to step away from computer for half an hour and will reply you when come online.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, don't have an alternative cable to try at the moment,
I will buy a toslink optical cable to replace the hdmi cable and hope this resolves the problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, please take your time and reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.