Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

First page prints OK all pages after first prints with blue

First page prints OK all pages after first prints with blue streaks down both sides of page
(about 1 inch each side), how do I clear/clean this up?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the printer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung CLC660ND
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Are you printing to it from a windows or mac computer and which version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows XP 2002 SP3
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you click start, printersThen right click the printer and select propertiesThen select maintanance.Then perform a Clean thereLet this complete and when it has, tell me if it now prints correctly pleaseI can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Else let me know the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, fuser clean complete but still has blue streaks down each edge of page.
The rest of the page is perfectly clear and sharp.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, open the printer and try to wipe down the fuse and inside, check for any ink at all and then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same unfortunately
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal fuser or guide rails that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it dismantled and this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway Richard.... will try to find nearest service co.
frank