Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When switched on, there is no power. Standby red light keeps

When switched on, there is no power. Standby red light keeps flashing rather than being a constant red light.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the device please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Onkyo AV receiver TX-NR808
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Can you unplug it from the power socket.
Then hold the power button in on the receiver.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power, turn on the receiver and tell me if it now operates please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done but still does not operate.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
Residue power can cause this but we have ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it 5 years ago and thus warranty has expired. Is it therefore not worth returning it for repair?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the cost of repair would exceed the value of getting a replacement.
In my experience, I advise against getting it repaired, you also only get a limited warranty. I would advise you get a new replacement as opposed to a repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.