Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung tv UE46B6000VW has just started to make a clicking

My Samsung tv UE46B6000VW has just started to make a clicking noise and switches itself on and off constantly. Any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue, please reply this message to proceed further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid. My name is ***** ***** I'm ready to proceed
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.Do you get Samsung logo/ welcome screen while TV turns On?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid. My name is ***** ***** I'm ready to proceed .No, but I don't recall ever seeing it. It started up in the normal manner and switches over to Sky. It is currently working but last night it was unwatchable, it did it a few weeks ago and starts playing up when it gets warm
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Marc for the info, how old is the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clicking noise sounded like a relay and at times there was a hissing sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approx 5 years
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Marc, it seems main board related problem in TV, have you tried to upgrade TV firmware (internal software)?If not yet, please go to following Samsung link and download Firmware Upgrade file along with Upgrade Guide that contains detailed instructions to proceed.. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46B6000VWXXUIf firmware update doesn't fix the issue then I'm afraid it would be hardware related problem and main board of TV is failing, replacement of main board in TV will help to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Shahid, you are really confirming what I though.I will have a look at the firmware though but not hopeful. Might be time for a new tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome Marc, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did read on the web that there is an issue with some capacitors not man enough. Although not confident I will have a look with the back cover off, obviously unplugged. While I've got you, are control cards readily available, and if so, are they affordable?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
There was bad capacitors issue in few models few years back but your TV doesn't have that chassis. Please get the part number off of label pasted on main board of TV to search/ google it to get price and stock info to order the main board and hopefully it would still be available.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks and regards. Marc