michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a garmin 2559 lmt-d which during a journey when

I have a garmin 2559 lmt-d which during a journey when it was working fine suddenly just started to flash Garmin repeatedly.
I have tried linking the sat nav to my pc but the pc is not recognising the device and still it continues to flash garmin. I also searched for a reset buton on the garmin but could not locate one. Have also tried holding the on /off button down for 8 to 10 seconds but still it continues to flash garmin.
The sat nav is less than a year old. Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youPlease let me know that when you connect the device to your PC does it show as not installed correctly or does not even show up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not show up
on the garmin disconnect the power cable and then press and hold down the power button on the garmin for 35 seconds and then release it let me know once done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. so I held the on / off button down for 35 seconds and it stopped flashing, but as soon as I reconnected it the pc it started to flash again
does this model have a dettachable battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
any dislay on the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I understand after googling that Garmin connect went down on Thursday and is still down. My sat nav also went down on Thursday - maybe there is a connection?
if google sat nav goes down they dont take this long to fix however garmin home screen should be on and if its unable to communicate with sat nav it will pop up with error message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Well it only flashes 'Garmin' and then goes blank again
is it connected to your computer when you are turning it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I can connect it to the computer via the USB cable that came with the sat nav - but the computer is not recognising it
you will have to try on different usb ports on the comuter sometimes usb 3.0 version dont recognize device compatible with 2.0 usb version.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not recognise it in any of the ports
you will have to check the cable might have to use another one or you can try connecting to anothere computer if its possible.
nevermind foget the computer part.
Connect the charger to the garmin and do a master reset
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
how
watch the video and perform the reset steps this is for 2500 series.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGtTyOt-Hw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Did that - no change!
have you connected the charger while trying the step?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Shall I connect the mains charger and try again?
yes please.
you will have to connect the main charger and let it charge for atleast 15 mins and then you have to try the step, the battery is down that is why its not powering on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens - the screen stays blank.How can the battery be down it was plugged into the car charger all day Thursday when it went down!
how old is the garmin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
less than a year I think
please confirm that when you turn on the device does the screen stay blank or it stays on the screen that says garmin
this seems to be a fault and the firmware would need an upgrade, however for the same the garmin needs to be detected by the computer which is not happening in our casethe best option here considering that unit is less than a year old would be to get the firmware upgrade done by garminyou may call them and get it scheduledMonday–Friday: 8:30 AM–5:30 PM Western European Time (GMT/UTC)Phone (freephone from UK landline): 0808(###) ###-####
let me know if you have any questions
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
thanks for choosing just answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will contact Garmin on Monday. Thanks for your help
you are welcome...Please provide a rating if you are satisfied with my effort and time spent by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.