Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panosonic TX-L 37S20B bought in August 2010. It

i have a Panosonic TX-L 37S20B bought in August 2010. It has worked perfectly until Saturday when we could not access BBC channels. It has been linked with a Talktalk Youview box which has enabled to get on demand bBC programmes but this was unable to provide these from Saturday.
We disconnected the Youview box and did a shipping condition reset on the Set but it still came up with invalid channels on BBC. iTV and Freeview are all fine.
Can you please help us recover these channels? Many thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, you did the reset of the Youview box correct? And which steps did you take to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did an automatic retune on the Freeview box. It still did not provide the BBC channels so we disconnected the box from the TV and did a Shipping condition set up on the TV set which still did not provide us with the BBC channels.We have another TV in the bedroom which is receiving BBC channels perfectly, so the problem seems to be in the set.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I want you to do an actual reset of the youview box please.
The procedure is dependent on which one you have, so click on my link below and follow the instructions for your model
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52169/~/how-do-i-reset-my-youview-box-from-bt%3F
Once you have done the reset, return it and tell me if you now get the channels please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did an automatic tune on the Freeview box but it did not come up with the BBC channels. In fact on Saturday and Sunday when we tried to look at some on demand programmes from the BBC on i player the loading sign went on continuously.Today we disconnected the Youview box and did a shipping condition set up on the TV according to the booklet which still failed to get BBC channels. We have another TV in the bedroom which is receiving BBC channels perfectly
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes I saw this from your last message.
Did you see my reply to you? Can you do the instructions I gave please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I note all the boxes on your reference are from BT. Ours is a Talktalk Youview box. is there a different procedure?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, for the TalkTalk box the procedure is as follows
Press the YouView YouView button on your TalkTalk remote
Select Settings
Select Device Management
Select Reset YouView Box
Select Reset
Let it reset and try to scan and pick up the missing channels.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just carried out this procedure and am very glad to say we have recovered the BBC channels! Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just carried out this procedure and am very glad to say that we have recovered the BBC channels.Many thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.