Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Good afternoon. I have a Samsung tv that takes a long time

Customer Question

Hi good afternoon. I have a Samsung tv that takes a long time to come on & when it comes on the picture could be all different colour spots. After afew times switching of & on picture comes on. Tv can come on by its self. Model is LE32M87BD & TYPE IS TU32ED can you help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power supply)
Then on the TV hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, then connect the power to the TV and turn it on and tell me if it now starts and works correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H Richard. Tv is still the same I will try what you said to me once more. The red light should stay on when tv is off at times the light will come on by its self.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to repeat, it confirms the problem
It is the mainboard or power board that is faulting. The symptoms point to the power board but the repair center would need to run a diagnostics to confirm this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this diagnosed and replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.