Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung J1 phone which will not connect to the Bluetooth

I have a Samsung J1 phone which will not connect to the Bluetooth in my car, a Nissan Qashqai Ntech 1.5 dci 2012 model. This car has recently had a replacement sat nav/audio unit fitted as the reverse camera was not working. Although paired with the original unit without any problem the phone will not connect to the new unit. I have had both car and phone checked out and there are no faults with either. Other makes of phone have connected without any trouble it just seems that Nissan and Samsung don't get on any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you tell me please what steps you have already taken to try to resolve this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a bit of a technaphobe so have left it to the Nissan Tech and the phone person. I believe the Nissan chap tried to delete the previous connect registered on the phone and start the pairing procedure from scratch but kept getting an "unable to connect" message on the phone and "connection has failed" message from the car's Bluetooth. He also tried to connect his phone (also a Samsung) without success but another phone (not Samsung) connected without any problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to Settings, Applications Manager
Swipe to the list ALL and locate the App Bluetooth
Press it and press Force Stop then clear Data.
Once done, restart the phone and tell me if it now connects please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have gone into application manager - no Bluetooth app. Samsung push service? gives access to force stop with "uninstall updates" and "disable" options. sorry have found it and carried out your instructions. Going out to try it in the car. Still no joy "unable to communicate with Nissan Connect"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, in the same list locate Google Services Framework. Press it and press clear data and tell me if it then connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still no joy "unable to communicate with Nissan connect"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the next step is to reset the phone. Its the only way to confirm if it is compatible or not.
this will remove all data from the phone and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided. So backup anything you need to keep first please
then go to Settings, Backup and Restore, Factory Reset.
Complete this then setup the phone again like when you first received it.
Once done, tell me please if it then connects to the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it!!!. Thank you so much and I didn't even loose my contacts listings. It's taken the best part of today to sort it but well worth it can't thank you enough. Regards Pete
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Great Pete, means your contacts where stored online, very good,On the future, come straight to me with the problem, ill get it sorted quicker then anyone else.Richard