*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Canon Pixma MG5450 has jammed. I was short of paper and

My Canon Pixma MG5450 has jammed. I was short of paper and tried to load it after which it would not restart in spite of me cancelling the printing and switching the printer off then on it comes back with the same message printer error has occurred
1. Cancel the printing then switch off
2 Turn the device on again
3. If the problem persists see the manual and contact the service centre.
When switched back on it always comes back to this message and I can't find my manual
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Try a power reset first please> unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet for 5 minutes. Then while the power cord is disconnected, press and hold the printer power button for 20 seconds. After the 5 minutes reconnect the printer power cord and try printing again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry didn't work
okay, try this next. Disconnect the usb and power cable for 15 minutes. Then reconnect both cables. Then press the power button for 60 seconds. Then try printing.
>>please click here for error codes <<>>please click here for the manual<<
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no go. I think I will have to take it in for repair. I believe it is the mechanism that opens the front automatically when it has started the print routine. I realised there was not enough paper and tried to force it shut to replace the filled paper tray and it resisted that action.
I would appreciate not getting a negative review as this reflects my service to you and I felt I provided good solutions for this, I am very sorry this did not work for you. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that did not help. I will continue to work with you on this until we find a solution. I am very sorry the solutions have not worked for you, sometimes it takes more troubleshooting and trying different options . Please reply and let me know how we can get this resolved for you.