Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Having inserted a new cartridge in my printer when linked up

Customer Question

Having inserted a new cartridge in my printer when linked up to my computer I keep being told the port connection hasn't been made. I've tried unplugging every thing and having another go to no avail. What can I do now.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the make and model of your printer?
and how are you connecting the computer to the printer? Via a USB cable or via wireless?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samsung 1660 laser printer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Via a USB cable
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Connect the printer to another port on the computer and then try to print.
Tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that and it didn't work.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me please the version of windows you are using?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm using Windows 7
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks
Click start, devices and printers
Right click your printer and select print properties
Then click on the ports tab and tell me please which port has a check next to it please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure how much of teamviewer.com I have downloaded. I'm confused by the items which appear and disappear too rapidly for me to follow. I doubt I'm sufficiently IT literate to follow all the instructions.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, did you click on download for free?