Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an Olympus VG-130 camera. I can take 2 or 3 pictures

Hello I have an Olympus VG-130 camera. I can take 2 or 3 pictures and then the screen goes blank and I get vertical lines down the screen. I then have tom take the SD card out and re-insert it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This can be caused by a faulty SD card, can you take the SD card out of the camera and put a different one in, then try to take some pictures and tell me please if it then operates correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay I had to go and buy a new SD card. I have tried it but it is doing exactly the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and no problem
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A faulty memory card can cause this but we have now ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like it could be expensive. Do you have a rough idea how much it might be
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
if its not under warranty, its not worth it as the cost or repairing the camera, plus the limited warranty you get it about the same cost as purchasing a replacement camera
If the warranty has expired I would advise you go with purchasing a new camera.
It works out cheaper in the long run.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help Richard. You are 5 star