nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

New BT hub and my android WIFI strength is good but it has

new BT hub and my android WIFI strength is good but it has a small lock symbol and will not connect
Can you help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Follow these steps on your android phone please> Tap on settings, then wifi, then tap on the bt network name, then look on the label on the bt hub and enter the password/security key that is on the bt label. Then if it does not connect, tap on the network name again and choose forget, then reenter the security and see if will connect.. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have still got the small lock on my wifi again so no better off !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
STILL NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF LOCK AND AM I PUTTING IN CORRECT CODE -WIRELESS CODE ?
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.The previous expert has opted out. I will try my best to help you out.First of all, the lock symbol that appears next to wifi icon means that the wifi network is password ***** It has nothing to do with your issue.Now tell me what device are you trying to connect with the wifi network. Is it Nexus 7?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Did you recently update your phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no just the hub
Are you able to connect to the hub via any other device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes this laptop I am using today
Open the Wifi settings and press and hold the network and then press Forget Network.Now again search for the available network and now enter the password ***** check if it connects or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
seems to have worked ! so hope it stays as it worked yesterday as well so lets hope you have succeeded
Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.