*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I am trying to connect a dvd player to a samsung tv and soundbar

i am trying to connect a dvd player to a samsung tv and soundbar but cant get sound. dvd attached to tv with hdmi and tv connected to soundbar with optical cable. have also tried speaker cable from soundbar into tv left and right jacks - nothing works!!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.What is the model number of your DVD player please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a toshiba BDX1250KB
Okay, thank you.
Check the Toshiba player menu for audio output choices. Connect the digital/optic cable.
Go to menu, then sound/audio.
Choose the digital/optical out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the menu audio output has 4 options - 1. Spdif - Bitstream - 2. HDMI - BCM - 3. Down_samp and 4. Dolby DRC - Off/OnThe DVD player cant connect directly to the soundbar - it only has HDMI, LAN, COAXIL and USB ports.So the DVD is connected to the TV by HDMI and the optical cable connects the TV to the soundbar.
Okay, does the tv audio work through the optical cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't have a tv aerial. The soundbar is required just for watching dvds and listening to CD's. All of the above equipment used to belong to my dad and the TV played through the soundbar fine when he had it set up using the red and white AUX cable. The DVD player didn't have sound through it at his house either though. Is is possibly just because the DVD player is too old?
This sounds like a configuration issue, what is the brand/model of your tv?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a samsung T19C300EW and the soundbar is also samsung HWF350
okay, looks like your right. The Toshiba model is out of date on the hdmi compatibility. You can however get it to work with the Samsung products by using a converter.>>PLEASE CLICK HERE<<<<
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may as well just get a new dvd player then. thanks for your help