Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Why is my E500-E500A flashing 'BASE' all the time please

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Here are some reasons flashing 'Base' may be displayed:1. Handset is out of range of the base - move closer2. Base's range is reduced - deactivate Eco mode3. The base is not switched on - check power adapterHope that helps,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was but it kept disappearing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it matter if there are 2 bases and 2-3 handsets ? These are siemens gigaset telephones E500A which i have only just got because of hearing problems. Trouble is 1 base takes messages and the other is not reacting in the same way.
Hi Joan,You can use up to 4 handsets with the main base (the one with the answer machine) - you need to register the handsets to the main base which involves making settings on the handset and on the base:Handset: Menu > Settings > Register Handset>Enter Base Pin (default is 0000)Base: Within 60 seconds of doing above, press and hold the registration/paging key for about 3 seconds.Once registered the handset should show 'INT1', 'INT2', etc.See pg 56/57 of the attached manual for further details.Regards,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me Richard. I have got INT1 but not the others just yet partly due to the missed bit off my return mail yesterday. To explain what had happened originally was that I ordered1 main base plus 1 hand set. When they came I found that Gigabit was working for me so decided to order 2 more handsets to be told they would take another 2 months so took the only option and got another base set. This didn't work very well and I understood the handset should not be too far from the main base. This house has got big oak beams running through it and across.(2 weavers cottages joined) so
it became understandable that a second base upstairs might solve the problem of the flashing "Base".???
I hope I haven't confused you completely with all this but would appreciate your comment when you have time! Regards,Joan
Hi Joan,Have you got 2 pairs of these:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigaset-Cordless-Function-Hearing-Compatibility/dp/B006Y7D9YC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448215305&sr=8-1&keywords=gigaset+e500Is one pair working OK downstairs?Do you just want 1 additional handset upstairs or 2?Best Regards,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Yes I have 2 pairs. 1set downstairs working ok.
Upstairs I put 1 handset and that is when they all started the Base flashing. So I then put
The 2nd pair upstairs and the spare handset into my hall at the other end pf the house
My concern is whether this will upset the telephone system altogether ie incoming calls.
Thanks for your patience. Joan
Hi Joan,
As long as you've only connected one of the answer machine bases to the phone line you shouldn't have any major problems. You just then need to make sure all the handsets are registered to the answer machine base downstairs. If you can take the second answer machine base out of the equation that will simplify things.
Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
I will do as you suggest.With very many thanks for your patience, help, and time.Best regardsJoan
Hi Joan,Have you managed to get this working OK?If so and my suggestions have helped, a positive rating would be appreciated.Best Regards,Richard
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience: A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Sorry to have been so slow.
I have been trying to find a 4th handset. The second base set I thought I would sell as you didn't seem to think the system would work properly with 2 base sets. Actually I did plug the
spare base set into an ordinary electrical socket??? Not sure whether that was the right thing to
do. Regards. Joan
Hi Joan,
Thanks for thew Excellent rating.
Do you mean you plugged the 3 pin power adapter into the electrical socket? If so, that's OK.
Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,I did plug the 2nd base 3pin plug into an ordinary electrical socket as if it were just another handset. It seems to be ok now.
Very many thanks!
Kindest regards. Joan
Hi Joan,Glad to hear it's all working.Best Regards,Richard