nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Where can I find the head cleaning software to download onto

where can I find the head cleaning software to download onto my Mac for my epson wf-3640 ink jet printer?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.In the Apple menu or the Dock, select System Preferences. Select Printers & Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan, now select your product i.e. Epson WF-3640, and select Options & Supplies. Select Utility and select Open Printer Utility.Select Head Cleaning. A window will get opened. Select All Colors. Select the cleaning cycle you want to run, based on the nozzle check pattern. Click Start to begin the cleaning cycle. The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on when the cleaning cycle is finished.Caution:Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.If there are no gaps, click Finish.If there are gaps or the pattern is faint, click Clean to clean the print head again.Reply if you need further assistance.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Nathan,Thank you for your response. I never knew that facility existed on my Mac already!I have just now run the head cleaning three times but the original problem remains in that the printed page has what appears to be smudges, and always in the same places if I repeatedly print the same page. Any ideas? Roger Harben
Wait upto 6 hours then again perform the print head clean test. If you still have the spots then ink cartridges need to be replaced as they may be old or damaged.