*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My new Samsung Galaxy S6 does not recognise my fingerprint

Customer Question

My new Samsung Galaxy S6 does not recognise my fingerprint and I do not have a backup password, therefore I cannot unlock my phone. How can I unlock my phone? Is serial no is SM-G920F
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Did you connect a google account or a Samsung account when you first set up the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connected a google account.
Okay, thank you. Try one one of these methods please.You can use Samsung Find My Mobile service to unlock the S6.To use Samsung Find My Mobile service, you need:a Samsung account. The webpage requires you to log in with your Samsung account.enable Find My Mobile on your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge. If you added a Samsung account on the Galaxy S6, by default, this is enabled. Please click here >https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do If you have a google account connected to the phone you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanagerthen sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung.If you can not do the above you will have to do a factory restore on the phone> Please follow these steps>Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.Then press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.The phone will now wipe all contents.Press the Power button.The phone will now reboot to the initial setup
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my problem has now been solved by my neighbour thank you very much
That's great news!