Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I can only reverse when I am not turning the steering wheel.

Customer Question

I can only reverse when I am not turning the steering wheel. When I start to turn the steering wheel, my machinery stops working!!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question. I'm assuming this is a vehicle of some sort? You haven't really mentioned what it is but based on your description if it is something that has power steering, then it is a failure of the power steering pump. It could be other things exacerbating it, but the power steering pump what is failing will draw a great deal of energy from the car and cause it to stall. The reason it is more likely to happen in reverse is that the gear ratio of reverse is greater than first gear would be in drive so there's more stress put on the drivetrain. If this does not address your issue, let me know along with any other additional information you can provide, and I'll be happy to help. Mike