Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have recently changed telephone company and when we have

We have recently changed telephone company and when we have switched over our phones will not work.
I have unregistered and reregistered the 2 handsets. I then reset the base and again re-registered the handsets. We can get incoming calls but when we ring any number at all it always calls our telephone suppliers help line??
I have tried a single plug in phone to the line and it works fine but when I plug our Beocom 6000 back in it says number not recognised or it calls our supplier?? Can anyone advise me what is happening please. Any help would be appreciated
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This all points to an issue on the actual telephone line and not the actual phones as they seem to be functioning correctly.
Who is your phone carrier? Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, we are back with Sky. We were with them for over 10yrs no problem. We switched to virgin for 18months and now gone back to sky (fibre) which it wasn't before.
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, call them on 03442 411 653 as this is going to be a line problem as it goes to their help line, meaning the phone is working but the line is not.
Possibly a issue occurred with the transfer of your account or on the line itself.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Sky are sending out an engineer tomorrow so I will let you know the outcome. Thanks. David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks David,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How did it go today David?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, the engineer has said it is the phones. The line is clear and O.K with a normal phone. Is there any way we can get them back to factory reset? It seems too coincidental that it has all happened at exactly the same time??
Now they are not ringing in the house!!! The light is flashing red like someone is calling but no sound. If I try to call out it says number not recognised or calls Sky. It's either or!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that would be very strange as all indications point to the line else it would not call the support line. Likely there was an issue on the line and now the phones need to be reset with what he has done.
To reset the BEOCOM 6000 handsets follow the steps below. This will erase all content on the handset and reset the handset to manufacturing specifications. The handset will require to be re-registered to the base station again to function as normal:
Press the dot (shift function) placed between the A and V keys followed by 70009 and then OK (in the middle of the wheel) to reset the handset.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I do not have a dot. My handsets have a INT button in between . They are MKII
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, you said they were BEOCOM 6000 before, whats the exact make and model Dave?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Beocom 6000 MKII
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be back in 10 mins . Just dropping my son at bottom of road Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, to do it on this model
Use
9 # ***** # ***** * INT then choose Reset Base.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, will this wipe all stored information? I am sure that I did this the other day and all the information was still on my handsets and when I re-registered them to the base it was all the same. I will try now anyway
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It now say alert view on handset when I press center button it says no contact with handset
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry base
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I re-register them while base is open?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, try to re-register them please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just done them . They are re-registered but all the info is still on the handsets. When I try any number it is saying number cannot be recognised
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The phone line says that right?
I am 99% sure its not the phones, just cannot see how it would be, they do not give messages like this. Plus it all happened when switching.
But we can confirm this once and for all, can you connect a different phone to the line and try please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to find one. He has done that today and said it was fine. I did it on Friday night and it was fine with one I brought home from the office.
When I press the call button without dialing a number I have just listened to it . I get a dial tone for say 2 seconds then a high pitched tone for 2 seconds then dial then high then dial . Not a proper tone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go and see if we have an old one in the garage. Don't forget my broadband is plugged in and working if that makes any difference???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it may be that your phones no compatible with the line, not seen that with the Beocom but if after doing the steps we did they are not working, and you see it working with another phone, then it looks like you will have to use a different phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have found some but they have been in the garage for years. I will put them on charge and probably get back to you tomorrow. Thanks. David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you David
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, this just gets more mind boggling. I put the old phones on and they are working fine. I took my handsets to work and they are also fine. I took them to my mothers and they work fine. I phoned sky and they said they will not send out another engineer. I brought my phones home and they will not work in the house. I phoned sky and I have e-mail bang&olufsen to see if they can help. I do not get a continuous ringtone at home it is pulsating but not on any of the lines I tried today???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It points to the phones not being compatible with the line, this I thought before as its the only thing that makes sense as the phones ARE working as it is directing you to the service line so it is making a connection. Just seems the line does not want to work with the phone.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer