Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Good afternoon. I have a Panasonic DVD recorder EX773 which

Good afternoon. I have a Panasonic DVD recorder EX773 which is displaying the signal HDD32 and won't change to show the time through clock setting. Neither will it let me watch DTV which is a must when it is recording, otherwise I can't watch another station other than what I am recording
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now managed to display the correct time and channels on the DVD display but I still can't watch Tv through digital channel only
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exact happens when you try to watch TV though it? What is being displayed?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is absolutely fine through DVD recorder but when I switch to watch it through digital nothing at all shows on the screen. I can hear clicking like it's trying to respond. ut the screen is exactly as though it's on standby. Have checked all the cables are in Ok and am stuck as to what to do next. But it seems to me it should work as the TV and reception is perfect through the dvd. Thank you for any help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I want you to reset the unit please. To do this go to Settings, the Setup menu and choose "Yes" in "Shipping Condition"
Setup the unit again an tell me if it still has the issue please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this settings in HDMI/DVD or settings on the Tv remote please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The DVD please as this is what has the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, in set up the options are tuning, disc, picture, sound, display, connection or others. In Others, the options are remote control, clock, owner ID, standby settings, system update and initialize. Nothing about shipping condition
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you should have shipping conditions in the setup menu directly but we can do it another way.
on the recorder itself, hold the Channel UP and Channel Down buttons at the same time for 6 seconds then release which should then do the reset and you will see the setup screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any buttons on the recorder except on/off and open/close. I only have the channel up/down on the remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and this button is on the same digit so you can't press both at the same time, only one or the other
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry, being blond. There are buttons inside. My apologies. I will try this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, six secs help. Now I just have a blue screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its no problem and thanks, ***** ***** it up again and tell me if you still have the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i set it up again from a blue screen?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is just a blue screen? Nothing else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope, just a blue screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
unplug the power, wait 5 minutes, connect the power again and tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got function menu up now, but the same options in settings appear as before, nothing about shipping condition
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You just did the shipping conditions, we did it this way.
Now tell me if you still have the initial problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Crikey, thicko me, you're earning your money today. Yes, still no picture or anything if I switch to dtv
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'t apologise, it's not your fault. The warranty has expired so I will go get a replacement anyway. I don't really understand how the dtv doesn't work if everything else does. But as long as it will work through a new unit that's fine by me. Many thanks for your help Richard. I could have spent a whole week trying to rectify the problem and never sorted it. And likely I would have bought a new Tv instead of a DVD unit, so you have saved me some money! I will certainly do a very positive rating. Thank you once again for saving me a lot of hassle. Enjoy the rest of the day and fingers crossed there's not any more thickos that ask for your advice!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome! was a pleasure working with you.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer