Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My JVC TV / DVD Combo LT 32DD52J has a problem. Remote control

My JVC TV / DVD Combo LT 32DD52J has a problem. Remote control will not switch it on: all I see is blue light blinking I can eventually get it to start by fiddling with side switch at rear and then all operations are fine on remote control, including retune etc. If I then switch off using RC then it cannot restart. Set is about 18 months old and has not had much use. Please advise. Thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Just to be sure, have you put new batteries in the remote to make sure it is operating at proper capacity.
If not, can you do this please and let me know how it then operates.
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we now OK to proceed with my question? I have got into a mess with accounts and payments but these are now sorted I think.Remote has new batteries: problem still persists
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket) and then hold on the TV the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power and tell me if you still have the issue please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will do this
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same problem is still present
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
when you get it working again and the remote again works, is the remote able to swutch it off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that is faulting in the unit and causing the firmware to error. It can get going but once it reloads then it has the issue again. Its not the remote else it would never work.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard Thank you very much for your help even though it has not solved the problem. At least I know that there is nothing that I can do about it and that it is a matter for the TV supplier. I will rate / credit when you have responded to this post.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And if you need anything else, please let me know