michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My garmin fish/depth finder screen as become very dim, as if

Customer Question

My garmin fish/depth finder screen as become very dim, as if a bulb is about on it's last legs. Is this something I've done or is my theory right?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.let me know the Garmin model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not 100% sure, it's on my boat along with the manual. Think it's a 250c
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can confirm it's a 250c
let me know how old is it.You may try these steps and that should take care of the issue and if the issue persists then you may have to get it repaired or replaced if its under warranty. 1. Unplug the Garmin fishfinder 250c from the main power input and remove the charger and push and hold down the power button for 30 seconds it will shut down the power wait for 3 mins and power it back on if the display comes fine then the unit might have gone to sleep mode (dim) and if the initial display is fine when you turn on then the unit is good and needs a reset/update.
let me know if you have any question feel free to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 10yrs old
I'll try the above and let you know later today
sure....Thanks for choosing Just Answer