Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

DMR-EX773EB: I am trying to access recordings on both hard

DMR-EX773EB: I am trying to access recordings on both hard drive and DVD discs, but can only get as far as the screen showing the word "NAVI". Please advise. (I don't know if this is relevant but for some time now, it has taken 4 or 5 presses on the Direct Navigator button on the handset to get "NAVI" to appear on the screen, but it has always then proceeded satisfactorily to display what's on the HDD/DVD).
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket) and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me please if you still have the issue.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This seems to have solved the problem, thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.