Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Epson xp-405 printer was printing files perfectly, but suddenly

Customer Question

My Epson xp-405 printer was printing files perfectly, but suddenly message appeared "cannot connect to printer". I checked the cable, which was OK and follwed user manual instructions, turn printer off, then on, etc., etc., but no change. What do I do now?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please if your using a windows or mac computer and which version please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MAC OSX. Mountain Lion
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And you have it connected to the Mac via the USB cable correct? Or via wireless?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB cable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you plug the USB cable into a different USB port on the Mac and then try to print
Tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I tried to print a file the xp-405 driver was not available. I deleted it when following instructions to remove (-) and then restore (+) but it has not been restored. How do I restore the driver?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, install the driver again from here please
https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/11541
you download and run the installation and it will install the printer again to your computer.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please