Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I've connected a 10.1 inch tablet hdmi output running android

Customer Question

I've connected a 10.1 inch tablet hdmi output running android 5.1.1 to HDMI 1, 2 or 3 on my Samsung LE40RB tv and the tv responds with mode not supported.
I've connected the tablet to a cheap goodmans tv and the tv now mirrors what is on the tablet display. Is it anything to do with the anynet+ on the Samsung tv.
Ive got an old tablet running android 4.2 and that connects to the samsung tv with the same hdmi cable with no problem.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To be sure, have you tried a different HDMI cable? Or confirmed the HDMI cable works on this TV with another device?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, the same HDMI cable works with the old tablet on the Samsung tv. The same cable also works with the new tablet on the Goodmans tv so I believe the cable is good and that the problem lies with the hand shaking between the new tablet and Samsung TV.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you need to rule out any issues with the firmware that can cause this.
To do this, you will need to factory reset the Tablet. This will remove all data and return it to new, so backup any data first you need to keep.
Once done, go to Settings, Backup and Reset and then choose Factory Reset.
Let this complete and when it has, setup the Tablet and tell me if it now connects to the TV please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done the factory reset, still doesn't work with the Samsung Tv but still works with the goodmans tv
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its a compatibility issue between the two devices which we are not able to override.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out and we know the TV is ok as is the Tablet
Your only option would be to bypass the cable and use a Google Chrome device instead which can transmit it wirelessly.
You can get this here
https://www.google.com/chromecast
This will get past this, and its the only option left
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have an amazon fire stick. Could we use the cast facility from the tablet with the stick
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, it needs to be a Chromecast, Amazon only really works with Amazon products (Kindle)