Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Nexus 10 which I would like to get upgraded to

Hi, I have a Nexus 10 which I would like to get upgraded to Marshmallow, I have read it can be done but I am not andriod literate. Can you suggest how I can achieve it, by somebody?
Thanks - Dave
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave,To do this, you will need to have some prior knowledge of flashing Android devices:1. Copy the TWRP for Manta .img file to the Nexus 10.2. Install, or update if it's already installed, the TWRP 2.8.7.0. for Manta3. Boot the tablet on Recovery Mode. This should be easy if you have the Quick boot app and if the device is rooted. However, if the Nexus 10 isn't rooted or if the Quick boot app isn't installed, just shut down the device and boot it while holding down the power button, volume up and volume down at the same time. Once TWRP starts loading, simply release the three buttons.4. Reset the tablet to Factory Settings. After the TWRP user interface loads up, select "Wipe", don't tap on Factory Reset. Advance Wipe is also an option, but see to it that the boxes next to System, Data, Dalvik Cache and Cache are selected. Swipe in order to start the process.5. Once the Advance Wipe concludes, transfer the Marshmallow for Manta ROM to the Nexus 10.6. Boot into Recovery Mode once again and after the TWRP UI loads up, select Install.7. Find the ROM that was transferred to the device and tap on it. Just swipe and installation will commence. Installing the ROM will only take a few minutes. TWRP will tell you when it's done.8. Install GApps at this point - follow the same steps for installing the ROM.9. Restart after the installation and take pride in having Android Marshmallow on your tablet.10. You can also root with SuperSU if you feel the need to. It is suggested that you do.