Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My screen has gone black and there is a blue light flashing

my screen has gone black and there is a blue light flashing in the top left corner. the phone is not responding at all. how do I fix this?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Samsung s6
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and press power and volume up and tell me if it then starts please
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change yet
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, hold the power button until it powers offTell me when you have please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not responding, there is no change, screen still black and the blue light is still flashing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
so it will not even switch off?
If you hold the power button down for 60 seconds, does it then power off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change, the screen is still black and the blue light is still flashing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get the phone to even turn off confirms it is the mainboard that has faulted and is not processing any commands
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.