Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My smart tv has thin black lines appearing, they come

My smart tv has thin black lines appearing, they come for a couple of seconds then go for a couple of seconds.
I disconnected all other devices to make sure it was the tv.
It is an LG tv, 2 years old but out of shop warranty is it repairable and if so would it be expensive to do.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Just to confirm, it does still occur when everything is disconnected correct?
Just want to be sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I disconnected all other devices and left only the tv running
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its either the LCD controller on the mainboard or the screen itself.
A TV repair store will have to run a diagnostics on the TV, this will confirm the issue and they can then replace it.
The mainboard replacement is not too expensive and labor wise not hard so it would be worth getting that repaired.
If its the screen, this can be more expensive and may not be worth the cost, so have them first diagnose the problem and then provide a quote for the repair to see if it is worth it (considering the low price of TV's currently)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.