Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Nikon coolpix aw110 has gone from being fine to having a

Customer Question

My Nikon coolpix aw110 has gone from being fine to having a black screen. I have seen online that this is a common fault. Can you help me fix it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please what you have already attempted to do to fix this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the battery out and replaced it and I have connected it to my laptop which is one of the ideas I saw on line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the battery and then hold the Shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Leave it for 10 minutes, then put the battery back in, turn it on and tell me if the screen now comes on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done as you said. Screen still black
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the LCD screen that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. The screen itself has actually faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I don't know how to recommend you as you couldn't solve the problem! But I've put you as good.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the problem cannot be solved here though sorry as it requires the LCD screen to be replaced. I can only rule out the causes and confirm the issue which I did.
It is the service I gave which you rate as I cannot always control the end result.
If you can please click the Good Smiley Face then submit on this answer, it will finialise the rating.
And if you need anything else, please let me know