Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have lost volume control

We have lost volume control
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing else attached to TV.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so TV gets channel signals through antenna, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An indoor aerial, yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check sound?Please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you said and no difference; the indicator on the screen which comes up says the volume is at max when I try to adjust to low volume nothing happens
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to know that, it seems hardware problem as sound processor chip failure mounted on main board and main board will be replaced in TV to resolve the problem. Please click following link to view main board image and price info..http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/tnp8eal20-a7-panasonic-tx-23lxd50-main-boardI'm sorry it doesn't look like any wrong setting or reset issue and need to replace defective board in TV to get it working again. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.