*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My printer HP4500(5B8F21) will not print now that I have moved

My printer HP4500(5B8F21) will not print now that I have moved from windows7 to windows10
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps please. Customer SupportSearchCancel 1AlertNeed help after upgrading to Windows 10? Here are solutions to common problems seen after upgrading.View articleProduct HomeHP Printers - Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10This document is for HP printers that work with Windows 10.After upgrading to Windows 10, your printer does not work as expected or encounters a problem. Read the following sections to resolve issues, or see the Frequently asked questions for information on installing drivers and using your printer after the upgrade. NOTE:After completing the Windows 10 upgrade, make sure to restart your printer and computer at least once before attempting to print or scan.Can't print after the upgradeAfter you upgrade your computer to Windows 10, you are no longer able to print to the printer. Use these steps to fix the problem and print again.Step 1: Confirm all Windows updates installedPart of the Windows 10 upgrade process includes installing important software updates to support full functionality of the computer and connected devices. If all updates failed to install, your printer might not work as expected. Make sure Windows installed all updates on the computer.Search Windows for Windows update, then click the Windows Update control panel setting in the list of results.Click Check for updates.If updates are available, wait for them to install, restart the computer, then try to print. If you can print, the issue is resolved.If updates are not available or you still cannot print, continue to the next step.What if 'Error 0x800xxxxx' displays after running Windows Update?Step 2: Run the HP Print and Scan DoctorHP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.If you can print, the issue is resolved.If you cannot print, continue to the next step.Step 3: Make sure the printer is set as defaultConfirm that your printer is set as the default printer in Devices and Printers.Search Windows for devices, then clickDevices and Printers in the list of results.Make sure your printer is set as the default printer. If your printer icon does not include a green check mark, right-click the icon and set it as default. If you can print, the issue is resolved.If you cannot print, continue to the next step.Step 4: Uninstall the HP driver and softwareUninstall the HP print driver and software that might cause the printing issue.If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.Search Windows for uninstall a program, and then click the Uninstall a programControl Panel setting in the list of results.In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, and then clickUninstall or Yes to confirm the uninstall.Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.Restart the computer.Step 5: Reinstall the HP driver and softwareAfter uninstalling the software, go to HP Customer Support to download the most current version of the full feature software for your printer. This ensures your printer has complete functionality. NOTE:As an alternative method to downloading the software, you can use the installation CD if it includes the Windows 10 driver.Turn on the printer.If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.Use the HP Download and Install Assistant for a guided driver download and installation, or select Download only to manually open or run the driver file through your Internet browser’s download tools.Step 6: Restart the computer and the printerRestart the computer and your printer after reinstalling the driver to finish setting up the software in Windows.Press the power button on the printer to turn it off.Close all running programs on your computer, then restart your computer.Turn on the printer.Open a document or photo, and try to print.
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.