*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My printer message error 4 Will not print ,

Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.What is the brand/model of your printer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EPSON XP-3005.
There are two common problems that cause the "E4" Error on an Epson DFX-8500: #1 An Encoder Error: Usually caused by a failing Encoder Sensor thats mounted on the bottom of the Printhead Assembly. There is a Encoder/Sensor Strip that runs thru that sensor. That strip is an almost clear strip of plastic, that is running just under the printhead assembly and just below the Carriage Bar that goes thru that Printhead Holder Assembly. That strip has tiny encoder dots on it that are read by the sensor as it slides over that strip. If that encoder strip is knocked out of the encoder sensor, then that can also cause a service error condition. Open the Top Cover, remove the ribbon cartridge and push the printhead assembly over to the far right. Using a flashlight, look under the printhead assembly and you should be able to see the encoder sensor. The encoder strip should be running thru the slot or opening in that sensor assembly, if its in the correct position. Usually what happens is that the encoder strip gets knocked out of the slot in that sensor and then you get a service error condition. If that strip was actually out of place, then carefully insert that plactic encoder strip back into the slot in that encoder sensor. Replace the ribbon cartridge, close the top cover and turn on the power switch. That service error should then be gone, unless you have another problem. Of course its possible that the actual sensor is failing, especially if that encoder strip is actually running thru that sensor correctly...#2 A Carriage Lock Error: Usually caused by a failing "Rear Cover Interlock Switch". Look for a metal protrusion, on the lower back left corner of the Top Cover Assembly. That protrusion goes thru a slot and pushes in on a metal arm on that microswitch, causing it to close. That lets the printer actually know the top cover is closed for safety and allows the printer to power up. When that switch starts to fail, it causes an "E4" Error Condition. You can actually remove that switch and the two wires that are attached to it. Use a small metal paper clip to jump the two wires together and put a piece of black electrical tape over that exposed metal paper clip. Turn on the power switch, with the top cover closed. If the "E4" goes away, then you know the switch is failing
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to follow the instructions I want you to refund my £20 member fee and I will buy anew printer .
I am sorry this does not work for you. Unfortunately I do not have any access to your account info. Customer service will be glad to help. Please consider at least an okay rating.
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just refund my money its too hard for me to follow as I am 80 years old man I will just buy a new printer .