Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a samsung galaxy 3 mini i have forgot my pin have

Customer Question

hi i have a samsung galaxy 3 mini i have forgot my pin have got a new device but i dont want to factory reset have went into my google account but it is only giving me the option to ring or lock and erase can samsung help me with pin
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.
If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.
Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.
Power off the device
Then hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons until the device vibrates or you see the Galaxy screen. Then, release the Power button while continuing to hold the other two. You'll now be brought to the Android recovery screen (you can let go of the buttons now).
Using the Volume keys, scroll down to wipe data/factory reset and confirm with a tap of the Power button. Scroll down to delete all user data and again hit the Power button to confirm. You can now reboot the system from the recovery menu. Once your S3 reboots, you should have much smoother system performance.
The device will restart.
You can then set it up again.
I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.