Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

A week ago I bought a 40" Curved UHD4K Samsung television

A week ago I bought a 40" Curved UHD4K Samsung television and I'm having problems trying to connect my Dolby Digital surround sound as it has an svideo out and Scart into the tv lead so I assume I need a female Scart for my male scart to enter then a HDMI connection on the other end as the new TV only has HDMI or USB, Basically I need a female scart to hdmi lead but can't find one!!
How can I get round this problem please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.If surround sound system has HDMI Out (having ARC mark as well) then it can be connected to 40" Curved UHD4K Samsung television. There is no model number of surround system is mentioned so I can't be more specific about it.HDMI and Scart are entirely two different things, one is digital link and other is analog and there is no such lead available that has one scart end and HDMI at other end. It seems surround sound system is too old for this new TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So are you saying there's no way round this at all, no box maybe that the scart can go into then a hdmi comes out, or maybe as the other end of the scart lead is svideo out could this not fit to the component AV in on the back of the TV? It has a Y video, Pb, Pr and audio L & R
So can you get a svideo to the component AV lead and would it work?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Let me explain it bit more.S-Video is purely video signal port, either in or out and doesn't provide any kind of sound signal at all so no way to get sound signal from TV from S-Video and it always needs separate audio cable for sound connection.Scart is analog signal connection, either in or out and there are converter/ adapters available to make Scart into RCA connector or RCA to Scart connector but HDMI is totally different and has digital signal format and two things can be hooked if both have HDMI ports, one in and one out.Now latest TVs and sound system has HDMI ports having ARC mark (means audio return channel) and same connection used for two way signal flow that means you can send signal from sound system to TV or from TV to sound system at same time and your TV is one of them so need to get latest surround sound system or sound bar to connect to this TV. I'm sorry but it is technology difference between your TV and sound system. I hope these info will help. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm working on S-Video to Component Video adapter, get back to you in 10 minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please check following link to view AV Composite / S-Video to HDMI converter device info that can be used to connect S-Video out of sound system to device then connect it to HDMI input of TV..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Composite-S-Video-converter--Supports-1080p/dp/B008X59IMK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1448922117&sr=8-8&keywords=s-video+to+AV+converterPlease note that it works Only for Video signal and sound may not come from TV speakers. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for you help I appreciate it and will give 5 stars as although its not exactly fully resolved I believe this isn't your fault as my system is fairly old so hopefully the box from amazon will solve the issue.Thanks again.
Andrew