Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung Soundbar HW-H550 connected to a Samsung UHD

I have a Samsung Soundbar HW-H550 connected to a Samsung UHD 4k TV VIA BLUETOOTH. The connection has worked fine for a year but has stopped working. If I turn the soundbar on it turns on, goes through the connection process fine but no sound comes on.
Any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you tried to connect the sound bar with your smart phone as a test to see if it works?Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I wouldn't know how to do this.I do remember I had the problem before and the sound came on when I used the DVD player. I have tried it this time but it didn't work.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
It is easy, need a smart phone having bluetooth feature.Turn On sound bar, press Source button on sound bar remote to get BT source. You will get BT Ready message on sound bar. Turn Bluetooth feature in your cellphone and search the device nearby, select Samsung soundbar in available device list and your sound bar will show your cellphone name/ model that means it has establish bluetooth connection.Please click following link to download user manual copy of soundbar and check page-16 for detailed info...http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201411/20141118113802310/HW-H550_H551-ZA-ENG-IB_20141107-cms.pdfIf sound bar doesn't connect with your smart phone that means sound bar has got internal failure with bluetooth section and can only be used with other input sources but not the bluetooth.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this successfully and the Soundbar will connect and play music from my phone.Strangely the Soundbar has now started working with the TV again which is good news....but I have no idea why. Do you?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, glad to know that all is set now. It seems sound bar has got wrong data stored in bluetooth connectivity that is why had not been process the TV sound data, connecting it to smart phone actually refreshed the bluetooth data and it start working with TV as well. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.