Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

There. My question seems to have vanished. So here it is

Hi there. My question seems to have vanished. So here it is again.
I have a Galaxy S5. I am currently in the UK. My service provider is Vodacom South Africa. I am on roaming.
My phone has locked. It is asking me to enter a backup password. Vodacom SA can't help said to contact Samsung. Are you able to help me.
Sally
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is for the screen lock correct Sally?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's correct Richard. At the moment emergency calls only.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the backup password ***** ***** password ***** your gmail account that you used when you first set up the phone.
Do you recall what this is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eeek no. It's somewhere on my phone - sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok,
Even though I know this may annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.
If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the phone, it is the only way.
Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.
Turn the Galaxy S5 off.
Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.
Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
Use Volume down again to highlight Yes ÔÇô delete all user data and press Power to select it.
Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.
When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again
I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh no. I didn't expect that. Don't worry I won't shoot the messenger. Just need a bit of time to process I am going to loose my photos. ­čśĹ any idea why this happened so I can prevent it in future.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
someone added a lock to the phone, or you did by accident.
It is the only reason the screen lock comes on
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 year old Joshua I suspect.Thank you, ***** ***** rest of your day.Sally.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there are you online at the moment?